- This event has passed.
Beers and Bar Charts: How We Rely on – or Totally Reject – Data & Facts
May 22, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmFree
From “alternative facts” to “fake news,” data and credible information are under attack all around us.
At the same time, policymakers, technology leaders, and others still rely on valid data to make informed policy and business decisions.
Come have a beer and engage with a cross-section of people who use data to make decisions and believe that, together, we can improve life in Texas if we all respected data more.
- State Representative Donna Howard, District 48
- Brett Hurt, CEO, data.world
- Ann Beeson, CEO, Center for Public Policy Priorities
- Ainee Athar, Political consultant & community activist
- John-Michael Cortez, Special Assistant to the Mayor of Austin