Austin Tech Alliance is seeking internship applicants for Fall 2019. This is a part-time internship opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student that will extend from September through December.
Austin Tech Alliance is a nonpartisan 501(c)(6) nonprofit founded to promote civic engagement in Austin’s tech sector. We focus on educating the tech grassroots on policies that impact them, advocating for using tech as a tool to help solve civic challenges, and activating the tech sector to speak up, participate, and vote. A full list of our amazing members can be found here.
ATA is looking for an intern energized to be a part of a growing nonprofit organization that sits at the intersection of policy, civic engagement, and tech in Austin. Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once are essential to succeeding at this position. An ideal candidate would have an interest in local/state politics, policy, and technology.
This is an unpaid internship with flexible working hours around 10 hours per week. The intern will work directly for ATA’s team out of coworking spaces in downtown Austin and remotely.
Job responsibilities include:
- Researching and analyzing tech-related legislation, issues, and current events
- Planning events, including panel discussions, town halls with elected officials, and lunch-and-learns
- Compiling data pertaining to civic engagement in Austin, the tech industry, and tech policies
- Writing blogs, social media posts, and memos
- Attending high-level meetings with ATA’s team
Interested applicants should email their resume, a cover letter, and one writing sample to email@example.com.