ATA is looking for an intern to be a part of a young nonprofit organization that sits at the intersection of policy, civic engagement, and tech in Austin. This is a part time internship opportunity for a graduate or undergraduate student that will extend from June through mid August.
Austin Tech Alliance is a nonpartisan 501(c)(6) nonprofit founded to promote civic engagement in Austin’s tech sector. We focus on educating the tech grassroots on policies that impact them, advocating for tech-forward solutions to community challenges, and activating the tech sector to speak up, participate, and vote. Learn more by visiting www.austintech.org
ATA is looking for interns to support our mission and to assist in development and fundraising efforts. Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once are essential to succeeding in this position. An ideal candidate would have an interest in local/state politics, policy, and technology.
This is an unpaid internship with flexible working hours ranging 15-20 hours per week. The intern will work directly for ATA’s Executive Director out of coworking spaces in downtown Austin and remotely.
The Development and Fundraising intern job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to plan and participate in development events and solicitations such as member drives, annual birthday party, lunch-and-learns
- Drafting donor communications, press releases newsletters, social media posts, memos and blogs
- Writing development materials and membership toolkits
- Communicating with current and prospective donors
- Conducting in-person, digital and desk research on donors
- Researching and sharing best practices for fundraising events and campaigns
- Draft profiles of prospective donors
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 26th.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Please include subject line “Development Intern”