ATA is looking for an intern to be a part of a young nonprofit organization that sits at the intersection of policy, civic engagement, and tech in Austin. This is a full time internship opportunity for a graduate student that will extend from June through mid August.
Austin Tech Alliance is a nonpartisan 501(c)(6) nonprofit founded to promote civic engagement in Austin’s tech sector. We focus on educating the tech grassroots on policies that impact them, advocating for tech-forward solutions to community challenges, and activating the tech sector to speak up, participate, and vote. Learn more by visiting www.austintech.org
ATA is looking for interns to support our mission and to assist in strategy and outreach efforts. Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once are essential to succeeding in this position. An ideal candidate would have an interest in local/state politics, policy, and technology.
This is an unpaid internship with flexible working hours ranging 30-40 hours per week. The intern will work directly for ATA’s Executive Director out of coworking spaces in downtown Austin and remotely.
This is a choose your own adventure consulting internship.
- After an initial meeting, intern would provide a scope document outlining intended summer project
- This consulting project could focus on strategy, research, public policy, fundraising, event planning and more depending on the initial scope meeting
- This is an opportunity to turn client ambiguity into direct actions
In addition to the above, the intern job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing blogs, social media posts about their work
- Attending staff meetings and high-level meetings with ATA’s Executive Director
- Researching and interviewing current and potential members, competitors
- Presenting findings to team and community stakeholders
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 26th.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Please include subject line “Consulting intern”