ATA is looking for an intern to be a part of a young nonprofit organization that sits at the intersection of policy, civic engagement, and tech in Austin. This is a full time internship opportunity for a graduate student that will extend from June through mid August.
Austin Tech Alliance is a nonpartisan 501(c)(6) nonprofit founded to promote civic engagement in Austin’s tech sector. We focus on educating the tech grassroots on policies that impact them, advocating for tech-forward solutions to community challenges, and activating the tech sector to speak up, participate, and vote. Learn more by visiting www.austintech.org
ATA is looking for interns to support our mission and to assist in strategy and research efforts for our informed.vote platform. Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once are essential to succeeding in this position. An ideal candidate would have an interest in local/state politics, policy, and technology.
This is an unpaid internship with flexible working hours ranging 30-40 hours per week. The intern will work directly for ATA’s Executive Director out of coworking spaces in downtown Austin and remotely.
The informed.vote intern job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to define the potential and direction of our voter-education platform, informed.vote
- Researching and outlining how we can scale and market the platform locally
- Developing a plan for white labelling and expanding the platform to additional cities
- Developing a strategy on how to integrate our two voting platforms: informed.vote and techvotes.org
- Conducting in-depth research of competitive voter-education platforms
- Writing blogs, social media posts about the platform
- Attending staff meetings and high-level meetings with ATA’s Executive Director
- Working and interacting with informed.vote summer research team
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 26th.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Please include subject line “informed.vote Intern”