Austin Tech Alliance is seeking internship applicants for Summer 2020. This is a part-time internship opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student that will run from June through August.
Austin Tech Alliance is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded to promote civic engagement in Austin’s tech sector. We focus on educating the tech grassroots on policies that impact them, advocating for using tech as a tool to help solve civic challenges, and activating the tech sector to speak up, participate, and vote. A full list of our amazing members can be found here.
ATA is looking for an intern energized to be a part of a growing nonprofit organization that sits at the intersection of policy, civic engagement, and tech in Austin. Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once are essential to succeeding at this position. An ideal candidate would have an interest in local/state politics, policy, and technology.
This internship has flexible working hours totaling ~10 hours per week. The intern will work remotely for ATA’s team using their personal computer.
Job responsibilities include:
- Researching, analyzing and writing about tech-related legislation, issues, and current events
- Planning events, including panel discussions, town halls with elected officials, and lunch-and-learns
- Compiling data pertaining to civic engagement in Austin, the tech industry, and tech policies
- Writing blogs, social media posts, and memos
- Attending high-level meetings with ATA’s team, such as Board Meetings
- Assisting Executive Director and Fundraising Manager in day-to-day duties
Interns will receive a monthly stipend based on qualifications and monthly time commitment. Interested applicants should email their resume, a cover letter, and one writing sample to email@example.com.